Grief Group Therapy: Coping with Grief and Loss
After the loss of a loved one, we experience a wide variety of feelings and emotions. We all need a support system to help us as we move through our grief journey. While family and friends are vital, unless they have experienced a close personal loss, they most likely don’t fully “get it.” That is where support groups can become a valuable resource.
In this group you will have the opportunity to share your story, hear the stories of others and talk about coping day-to-day, as well as the most difficult days of your journey.
What we offer in this group:
- Emotional support in a safe and non-judgmental environment.
- Support and understanding from others who have experienced a similar loss.
- The opportunity to begin the healing process through learning about grief and taking care of yourself.
- Coping skills to help you through the most difficult days of your grief journey.
- Hope through companionship with people who “get it” and understand first-hand what you’re going through.
If you have experienced the loss of a loved one and have begun the journey towards healing, we invite you to attend this group class. Those who have experienced a recent loss may not be ready for a group.