Our team provides treatment, education and short-term management of foot and lower leg conditions for patients with chronic conditions, including diabetes. Our goal is to help you become independent and confident in looking after your feet and lower legs.
If you have foot pain, skin or nail conditions, lower-leg edema or pressure areas on your lower-extremities, you may benefit from this program.
About this Service
With early detection and timely treatment, we help to:
- Maintain function and mobility
- Prevent infections, wounds and amputations
- Address pain issues
- Comprehensive lower-leg and foot assessments
- Teaching and education on healthy foot care and foot wear
- Foot care on a short-term basis for skin and nail conditions such as corns, calluses, and overgrown or thick toenails
- Authorization for pressure gradient stockings (if qualified)
What to Expect at Your Appointment
We’ll provide a complete assessment and any necessary skin and nail treatment. We work with you to create and implement a care plan that will be shared with your doctor as a part of your care team.
(click to expand)
Click to enlarge.
Access Foot & Lower Leg Services
Talk to your family physician, or primary care nurse at your clinic, who will connect you to our program.
If you would like more information, please call 780-453-3757 and ask to speak to a Foot Care Clinic team member.