Can’t fall asleep? Can’t stay asleep? If you’re having trouble sleeping, we can teach you strategies to help you sleep better.
Insomnia is one of the most commonly reported health complaints among adults. Poor sleep can negatively impact mood, relationships and job performance. While you can’t work harder to force yourself to sleep, you can work smarter.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia is a short-term, solution-focused approach that can help you overcome insomnia with cognitive and behavioral strategies that have been proven effective at improving sleep without or with reduced use of sleep medication.
This workshop will help you understand how your thoughts and perceptions about sleep affect your ability to fall and stay asleep, how to reframe your thoughts and beliefs about your sleep and sleep-related struggles, and how to optimize your sleep habits for longer, deeper, better sleep. You will also learn how daily stressors and even medical conditions can impact your sleep.
In this workshop you will learn how to:
- Determine your actual sleep needs
- Identify how thoughts and worrying can interfere with sleep and how to change this
- Strengthen your sleep system
- Create the right physical and mental environment for sleep
- Employ relaxation and meditation to help sleep
- Reduce or eliminate dependency on sleep medication
People who would benefit the most from this class are those who have moderate difficulty sleeping and have not been using medications to help them sleep for extended periods of time.